How to make Marugbo aka Eweta (Black soup)
- 2 cups cubed Goat meat
- 75 g shredded panla (Stockfish)
- 2 cups shredded Smoked Fish
- 3 tbsp crayfish powder
- 3 cup dried marugbo leaf (Clerodendrum Volubile)
- 1 cup dried Efirin (Scent Leaf or Sweet basil leaf)
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- ¼ cup white onion (small)
- ¼ cup palm oil
- 2 cubes seasoning
- assorted meat & Fish to taste
- Combine goat with 2-3 cups of water in a large pot. Add in panla (Stockfish), 2 seasoning cube and salt . Simmer on medium heat until meat is very tender.
- Add more water to cover the cooked beef. Add in crayfish powder, smoked fish and palm oil. Stir.
- Cover the pot and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir the broth. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Blend the dried vegetables with ginger, onion, hot pepper and 3-4 cups of water until smooth.
- Add blended vegetables into the cooked broth. Stir. Taste and adjust for seasoning and water.
- Simmer uncovered for another 12 – 15 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of Pupuru, Garri or pounded yam.